The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles warns the public to be aware of an email spam that surfaced this morning.
Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2013 7:47 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (DHSMV)– If you receive an email from “DoNotReply@flhsmv.gov” DO NOT open it. Fraudsters are sending out emails that appear to be from The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. If you receive one of these emails and did not make a recent transaction, it is recommended that you delete the message.
THE DHSMV emphasis that their system has not been hacked and that numerous measures are in place to protect customers information.
The Department offers the following recommendations for all computer users:
• Update anti-virus software daily.
• Update systems and programs (such as Adobe, Java, browsers and operating systems).
• Be extremely wary of unexpected emails that contain links or attachments. Do not click on the links or open the
• Users who click on such links should check their systems for abnormal activity.
• Concerned users should change all passwords using a clean computer, especially passwords for financial institutions (both personal and corporate banking accounts).