As I begin to write this, I am a little dazed.
I cannot believe where we are, one night before the President of The United States makes a concerted effort to dismantle the 2nd Amendment. Barack Obama, raised to believe in a communist and socialist world-view has been handed the keys to the car even though he wrecked it the first time out.
Some of you placed him back in office.
Health care premiums continue to escalate (he promised they wouldn’t), the economy edges closer to a recession (he said we were back on track), unemployment prepares to spike (he campaigned that the worst was over) maybe you are happy with your choice.
Perhaps, that’s exactly what you wanted to see happen.
However, I suspect that many of you Obama hopefuls did not count on this…on an endless stream of Executive Orders, a smaller paycheck, no spending changes at all (at least none that will turn the ship around).
But tomorrow is different. Wednesday Barack Obama will stand in front of children. Kids who have been manipulated to “write letters about the tragedy in Connecticut.” Oh, and anyone who says that these kids were not organized by parents and adults in this effort is gravely mistaken.
Obama will use excerpts from the students’ notes to sway public opinion. He’ll do so with one goal in mind…begin to cut the legs out from under the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.
History records these moments and it does so in stark terms. You will not like what follows; it will assault your sensibilities. Still, failure to learn from history guarantees that history will repeat itself.
Adolph Hitler disarmed the citizens…first. Joseph Stalin disarmed the citizens…first. Pol-Pot disarmed the citizens…first. Mao disarmed the citizens…first. Batista had citizens register their firearms; Castro took it from there.
But, that really does not speak to what really happened. Millions have died at the hands of rulers once the citizens disarmed. Here’s a list:
Mao Ze-Dong (China, 1958-61 and 1966-69, Tibet 1949-50) 49-78,000,000 Adolf Hitler (Germany, 1939-1945) 12,000,000 (concentration camps and civilians deliberately killed in WWII plus 3 million Russian POWs left to die) Leopold II of Belgium (Congo, 1886-1908) 8,000,000 Jozef Stalin (USSR, 1932-39) 6,000,000 (the gulags plus the purges plus Ukraine’s famine) Hideki Tojo (Japan, 1941-44) 5,000,000 (civilians in WWII) Ismail Enver (Turkey, 1915-20) 1,200,000 Armenians (1915) + 350,000 Greek Pontians and 480,000 Anatolian Greeks (1916-22) + 500,000 Assyrians (1915-20) Pol Pot (Cambodia, 1975-79) 1,700,000 Kim Il Sung (North Korea, 1948-94) 1.6 million (purges and concentration camps) Menghistu (Ethiopia, 1975-78) 1,500,000 Yakubu Gowon (Biafra, 1967-1970) 1,000,000 Leonid Brezhnev (Afghanistan, 1979-1982) 900,000 Jean Kambanda (Rwanda, 1994) 800,000 Saddam Hussein (Iran 1980-1990 and Kurdistan 1987-88) 600,000 Tito (Yugoslavia, 1945-1987) 570,000 Sukarno (Communists 1965-66) 500,000 Fumimaro Konoe (Japan, 1937-39) 500,000? (Chinese civilians) Jonas Savimbi (Angola, 1975-2002) 400,000 Mullah Omar – Taliban (Afghanistan, 1986-2001) 400,000 Idi Amin (Uganda, 1969-1979) 300,000 Yahya Khan (Pakistan, 1970-71) 300,000 (Bangladesh) Benito Mussolini (Ethiopia, 1936; Libya, 1934-45; Yugoslavia, WWII) 300,000 Mobutu Sese Seko (Zaire, 1965-97) ? Charles Taylor (Liberia, 1989-1996) 220,000
- The Founding Fathers on the Right to Own Guns:
- James Madison: Americans have “the advantage of being armed” — unlike the citizens of other countries where “the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.”
- Patrick Henry: “The great objective is that every man be armed. . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun.”
- George Mason: “To disarm the people [is] the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
- Samuel Adams: “The Constitution shall never be construed . . . to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
- Alexander Hamilton: “The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.”
- Richard Henry Lee: “To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.”
- The Founders understood that regardless of caliber, the issue was keeping the government in check. Remember that as the President waves his hand and says a figurative “look over here” and points to the children.
- What Obama is doing has nothing to do with keeping lives safe it is about control. He will “shoot” for everything he wants knowing that it is unreasonable. He will “settle” for what he gets and what he will likely get is an erosion of the 2nd Amendment. There is not one thing that he will propose, order, or attempt to get legislated that would have prevented Sandy Hook’s tragic shooting.
- The facts are completely undeniable…guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens lead to a safer America. Like it or not, we have been thrust into a world not all that different than 1775.
- Remember, history tends to repeat itself.
- Are you ready?