Larry Campbell Claims to be an Expert Witness in 16 Different Areas
Executive Summary – Larry Campbell told the Tallahassee Democrat forum that he testifies in court as an expert witness in “16 areas” while Campbell’s election campaign website shows “11 categories including homicide.” Questions to long-time law enforcement and criminal justice personnel in Leon County cannot think of a single example of Campbell ever testifying as an expert witness in a Florida and federal criminal hearing – and absolutely not as an expert witness in multiple areas.
Tallahassee Democrat Forum – July 2012 Campbell and Mills
Campbell – 2:38 – I’m Larry Campbell. I’ve been the sheriff since 1996. I uhm was born Jacksonville and moved here as a small child and uh went to the local schools. I went into the United States Marine Corps, finished and came back and went to FSU. Uhm, I have had to work since I was 7 years old. And I got a job at uhm the State Treasurer’s Office initially and then the Sheriff offered me a job at the jail as the midnight jailer. Uh and so I was the midnight jailer for a number of years. Uh, that started my law enforcement career…Had no idea this would be my life…The more I got into it the more I loved it…promoted to Deputy sheriff, detective…
…I was then hired by the state, in what’s called Florida Sheriff’s Bureau which is the predecessor of FDLE and became the first undercover narcotics agent for the State of Florida.
I’ve run the Miami office. I’ve run the Tampa office. I’ve run the Jacksonville office. I’ve been a state wide deputy director. I have the experience. I know what I’m doing. I’ve got the network that you need…
4:05 – “I testify in court which I think is not right but basically 16 areas as an expert witness.”
Re-Elect Larry Campbell Website
· President of Florida Sheriffs Association; 2006-2007
· Florida Commission for Law Enforcement Accreditation-Commissioner; 2006-2008
· Appointed Co- Chairman of the Regional Anti -Terrorism Task Force; 2001 – Present
· Elected Sheriff of Leon County, November 1996. Re-elected in 2000 and 2004 without opposition.
· Undersheriff, Leon County Sheriff’s Office, Tallahassee, Florida; 1981 – 1996
· Director, Division of Operations and SWAT Team Commander – Leon County Sheriff’s Department, Tallahassee, Florida; 1981 to 1987
· Florida Department of Law Enforcement – Special Assignment to Florida Statewide Grand Juries and Governor’s Council for the Prosecution of Organized Crime; 1979-1980
· Deputy Director, Division of Criminal Justice Information System, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Tallahassee, Florida; 1977-1978
· Special Agent in Charge, Miami Field Office, Department of Law Enforcement, Miami, Florida, 1975-1977
· Special Agent in Charge of second largest field office (Tampa Field Office) Department of Law Enforcement, Tampa, Florida, 1971-1975
· Special Agent, Florida Bureau of Law Enforcement, Jacksonville, Florida; 1970-1971
· Chief of Detectives/Captain, Leon County Sheriff’s Department, Tallahassee, Florida; 1968-1970
· Special Agent, Aide to Commissioner, Florida Bureau of Law Enforcement; 1967
· Special Agent, Florida Sheriffs Bureau, Statewide Assignment, 1967-1968
· Deputy Sheriff, Leon County Sheriff’s Department, Tallahassee, Florida; 1961-1967
· U.S. Marine Corps Reserves, Platoon Sergeant
· Qualified Expert Witness in 11 Categories including Homicide.